Attendees come to Applied Net each year to meet great people and learn about new things. But how do you spark those meaningful conversations? It all starts with a braindate.
What’s a braindate?
Virtual braindates are knowledge-sharing conversations that you book with others to have one-on-one or in small groups via video chat on our new networking platform, Braindate. They’re the best way to brainstorm, solve challenges and share expertise or experiences while connecting with new (brilliant!) people – all virtually.
Using the Braindate platform, you can share your interests in the form of topics that can lead to interactive virtual discussions, and you can browse the topics of other attendees and join them.
What’s a braindate topic?
A braindate topic is the knowledge someone is willing to share in the form of a conversation starter. It can be personal or professional – anything you’re passionate about! It consists of a short title, ‘How I learned about this’ and tags. All of them are visible in the Topic Market.
Good braindate topic titles are specific yet enticing.
- Could be stronger: Applied Epic
- Better title: The new reporting feature in Applied Epic is a game changer
Remember to add tags to help others find your topic and understand it a little better.
How does it work?
- Log in to Braindate using the same email address you used to register for Applied Net and create your own password. (Note: you will access the Braindate platform from the Applied Net virtual environment by selecting “Networking” in the top navigation bar.)
- Set up your profile to share more about yourself so others can learn about you before you meet for your braindates. Don’t be afraid to share your expertise, hobbies and sense of humor!
- Explore the Topic Market where all participants (including you!) post the knowledge they’re willing to share or topics they want to discuss. Be sure to check back often as participants add new topics daily.
- Post topics about discussions you’d like to have. It could be a question, something that you’d like to share knowledge about, or a general call for networking with your fellow peers.
- Book your braindates by sending invitations to meet others to discuss their topics and accepting the invitations you receive.
- Meet your peers on the platform at the agreed date and time. Just before your braindate is set to begin, a pop-up banner will appear on the Braindate platform with a link to your topic where you can join your virtual braindate. You’ll also receive email reminders from email@example.com when you have new invitations and before your booked sessions are set to begin. Be sure to check your Junk/Spam folder as some invitations have been known to end up there.
Easy as that.
When can I schedule a braindate?
Starting Monday, August 16, you'll be able to activate your account in Braindate. Once you’ve set up your Braindate profile, you can post topics, reserve your spot in group braindates, and start sending/receiving invites for 1:1 meetings during the live event. However, you can only schedule braindate sessions for the following days:
- Monday, August 23 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, August 24 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, August 25 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Thursday, August 26 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Why you should braindate:
- Connect with other Applied users based on shared interests and experiences.
- Personalize your Applied Net experience by choosing what you’d like to discuss and when.
- Continue the conversation post session to learn tricks of the trade from users like yourself.
- Find your local Applied Client Network chapter and engage with other members.
- Use the opportunity to troubleshoot a problem or challenge you’re facing with other attendees.
- Use your own experience to help others: Position yourself as a thought-leader and/or reliable source of information.
Need some guidance?
Would you like advice on how to create a compelling braindate topic? Are you having trouble finding topics that are relevant to you? Do you have questions about how to use the Braindate platform?
We can help. Within the Braindate platform, Virtual Learning Concierges (real humans, not bots) will be available to support you in making the most out of your experience. Don’t hesitate to connect with one of them on.
Already registered for Applied Net 2021?
You’ll receive more information soon on how to log in and set up your Braindate profile, as well as helpful resources for getting started.
Not yet registered for Applied Net 2021?
Reserve your spot now and take advantage of Braindate to have meaningful conversations with like-minded peers.