What a year it’s been! Before we say goodbye to 2022, we want to take a moment to reflect on what happened over the last 12 months and celebrate some achievements. We’re proud of what our team has accomplished this year to benefit our customers and industry. From product enhancements to new innovations and partnerships, we delivered practical solutions to make your business a simpler, more productive, more intelligent, and more valuable agency.
To that end, let’s look at some of our most notable wins this year.
What We’ve Been Up To in 2022
We Welcomed a New Brand to the Applied Family
We acquired Tarmika, the leading Commercial Lines quoting solution known for its simple user experience and robust carrier product panel. Supporting more than 20,000 business classes, you can now quote multiple lines of business to multiple carriers using Tarmika’s single-entry solution.
We Brought New Tech to the Market
We introduced Applied Pay™, the only natively integrated digital payments solution built specifically for insurance. It enables you to collect and process premium payments quickly, with less effort and better security, while providing clients a simple and elegant online experience supporting their choice of payment types, including ACH, credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, eWallet, and more.
We Delivered Noteworthy Product Enhancements
Applied Epic® is the world’s #1 management system that provides automated capabilities so that each stakeholder within your business can better manage operations and relationships while delivering the flexibility to integrate with the partners you choose.
- Epic Browser: Enjoy a modern user experience and quicker value realization with smaller, more frequent releases while minimizing technology overhead.
- Department Configurations: Set up specific download configurations for each department in your business for policies, claims and eDocs to be routed to the correct person servicing the account.
- Rolling Income Statement: Create existing Income Statement and Income Statement Comparison reports over both fixed and rolling time periods in Applied Epic, making financial analysis easier and more flexible.
Applied Benefits Designer™ is our Benefits plan modeling solution that allows you to model and compare various benefits plan options in real time to help your clients make the right decisions.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Builder: Set up, send, and track a request for proposal for various lines of business from within one workflow in Applied Benefits Designer. This simplified experience allows Applied Epic users to seamlessly pull in Applied Epic data and push new information to Applied Epic. A new RFP Summary report has also been added to the existing reporting suite, which helps consolidate the status of all RFPs the client is working on.
Applied Epic for Salesforce™ is the only sales and marketing application in the industry that supports P&C and Benefits and allows your sales and servicing teams to work together efficiently in two different but completely synced platforms.
- Attachment Component Preview: Preview attachments directly in areas, such as Account and Policy, within Applied Epic for Salesforce.
- Applied Epic Marketing Submission Integration: View new and renewal opportunities, quotes, and proposals in Applied Epic when a marketing submission is created in Salesforce, enabling producers to communicate prospect needs for submissions better.
- Producer/Broker Commissions Integration: See projected commissions within Applied Epic for Salesforce by integrating producer/broker commission information on lines.
Epic Benefits for Salesforce is an application built within Applied Epic for Salesforce. It provides tight integration between Salesforce and Applied Benefits solutions, allowing you to manage updates from one application rather than creating custom integrations that need constant maintenance and updates.
- Applied Epic Benefits Integration: Manage benefits plan details and attributes while leveraging automated, customized workflows and actionable analytics on sales and marketing activities.
- Benefits-Specific Reporting and Dashboard: Use Benefits-specific reports to gain greater insight into sales and servicing performance, including the health of the Benefits book of business, upcoming renewals, and opportunities.
- Purpose-Built Benefits Data Model: Store and manage all necessary Benefits data within Salesforce, including key benefits-specific details like plan information, employee class, rates, TPA and Benefit items.
Applied Marketing Automation™ is the industry’s first natively integrated marketing automation application that allows you to quickly build and track marketing email campaigns so you can deliver relevant, timely P&C and Benefits content to your clients and prospects.
- Multiple Domains: Manage campaigns and content across multiple brands while keeping a clear distinction between each brand.
- Pre-Built Drip Campaigns: Send a series of automated emails to a predefined email list at a specific date and time, allowing agents to stay in touch and deliver relevant content easily. Contacts meeting the list criteria are automatically added to the list and sent the initial email, followed by the other programmed emails in their predetermined timing.
- Dynamic Branding and Servicing: Send and brand drip campaigns by the relationship owner of the intended recipient of the email.
Indio is a digital, collaborative software platform that streamlines the insurance application and submissions process.
- Travelers Digital Delivery: Access proposals Travelers sends back via the Ivans API for digital submissions in Indio, enabling time savings in preparing a proposal for an insured.
- Multiple Market Submissions: Send submission updates to multiple markets simultaneously in Indio, saving time and reducing effort.
- Client Uploads and Revisions: Ask clients to review documents for a submission in Indio and upload revised versions of a document within the client portal.
Applied CSR24® is an online and mobile customer self-service application that allows you to provide customers with anytime, anywhere access to their insurance information.
- Applied Pay Integration: Access the Applied Pay registration process directly from Applied CSR24, providing customers with a single access point to pay by credit card or ACH.
- Indio SSO Integration: Directly link to the insured items in Indio from Applied CSR24, giving insureds a single site to visit and handle insurance needs.
- Marketing Automation Integration: Share a single piece of Applied Marketing Automation content with a single contact directly through the Applied CSR24 portal.
Applied Analytics® is the first of its kind in our industry that acts as your data scientist to present your management system data in an easy-to-understand visual interface.
- New Dashboards: Take advantage of three new dashboards that analyze your agency’s year-over-year trends in premium change, revenue growth, and premium growth, as well as provide insight into how your agency compares in those areas relative to the industry.
Cheers to You
While we’re grateful for all the success we’ve had this year, we’re even more thankful for the people: our nimble team whose relentless focus on innovation made all these achievements possible; our great partners who work tirelessly alongside us to better our industry; and our customers whose unwavering support fuels us to keep advancing. We look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in 2023 and beyond. Have a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!
Want to learn more about what’s new at Applied this year? Visit our Product Release Hub to explore the latest capabilities across all our products.